Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
Mission Possible World Health International
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
Telephone: 770-242-2599
E-Mail: BettyM19@mindspring.com

Posted: 24 June 2010

From: Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum., Bettym19@mindspring.com
To: Jeffrey.MOON@efsa.europa.eu
Date: Wed, Jun 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Subject: EFSA's Review (Aspartame as an adjuvant; in vaccines and Genetic Engineering)

Dear Jeff, I neglected to make this point yesterday. Because aspartame is an adjuvant it is now used in vaccines. Its in cholera and typhoid. This effects the whole world. Searle knew aspartame was an adjuvant from the beginning when it talked about the plant that could make a universal vaccine, components of aspartame in the article I sent yesterday. The vaccine was to be made at the same plant where they make the components of aspartame. We've known for years, of course, that aspartame is genetically engineered.

Dr. Bill Deagle said:

"Most people when asked how Aspartame is made do not have the first step of understanding. While an E.R. doctor and primary care physician in Augusta, GA in 1987 and 1988, I was told a number of interesting facts about the adjacent Aspartame factory. Bacteria with genes inserted generate a sludge which is centrifuged to remove the aspartame and many hundreds of contaminant organic and amino acids are present. We were told not to report illness or worker's compensation issues for fear of being fired by the hospital, now the Augusta Regional Medical Center. Many of their employees presented with psychiatric, neuropathy conditions, chronic fatigue and organic cases of loss of cognitive function. This powder from the dried sludge was then transported for packaging in factories elsewhere in the US, before sale as Equal and now the myriad of names of this neurotoxin." Bill Deagle, M.D., 888-212-8871

Ten years ago the formula was on the Miwon web site and I forwarded it to the Independent in the UK. I told the journalist since the UK is so against genetic engineering why not make the information available there. She told me she would if I had the proof. Miwon took the web site down at that time because I exposed this on the ban genetic engineering list but it had already been printed out. There was nothing they could do. So the Independent published the article not only on the front page but above the Royal Wedding! Here is the article: http://www.wnho.net/gmbacteria.htm Notice when the news was out Monsanto said:

"A Monsanto spokeswoman confirmed that aspartame for the US market is often made using genetic engineering. But sweetener supplied to British food producers is not. However, consumer groups say it is likely that some low-calorie products containing genetically engineered aspartame have been imported into Britain."

Notice from the first attachment about the plant they made the components of aspartame. The phenylalanine and aspartic acid are both genetically engineered from E. coli bacteria. They don't even deny it anymore. All you have to do is google it. I've put it out several times.

Continued research comes up with another article showing indeed it has been known since 1984 that aspartame is genetically engineered.


Some years ago I spoke with a man who made amino acids. I asked him since he knew so much about this if he knew who made the Tryptophan many years ago when 38 people died. We had felt it was probably genetically engineered. While he knew but wouldn't give the name of the chemical company he said: "It was genetically engineered and it was full of excitotoxins. That's why it killed." You should read the book, "Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D. http://www.russellblaylockmd.com

So what is aspartame but a genetically engineered product with an excitotoxin, and neurotoxin, breaking down to DKP, a brain tumor agent. How in the world could anyone say its safe with experts screaming for 30 years about its toxicity and so many complaints to the FDA that in Congress it was stated the FDA couldn't handle them and sent them to the Aids Hotline! I have that on tape in the Congressional Record. Now I take the case histories.

Aspartame needs to be removed from the planet. It effects our food, prescription and over-the-counter drugs (and interacts with them) and even vaccines (and interacts with them). They add aspartame here even in water and call it "diet water", even though it makes you crave carbohydrates so you gain weight and has caused an epidemic of obesity along with MSG. The methanol is addicting the population, blinding people and causing diabetics to lose limbs for starters. The FDA even allowed the ADI to be raised probably because they knew people drinking these addicting diet drinks would abuse the amount. Yet there is no safe amount of methanol. As Dr. Walton said, the safe ADI is zero.

You've got Dr. Roberts medical text, Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic, http://www.sunsentpress.com You know there is 1000 pages of horrors and the mechanism by which aspartame triggers or precipitates these diseases is clearly explained. The case histories showing it happening are included.

The experts whose testimony we have provided have been dealing with it from the beginning. Some have testified before Congress because they are also humanitarians and care about the public. Even then the manufacturer put them on a yacht and tried to change their minds. Read the UPI Investigation: http://www.mpwhi.com/upi_1987_aspartame_report.pdf

Let's take this a step further. In the Persian Gulf the government after thousands of complaints did their own study and found out it was ALS or Lou Gehrigs. http://www.wnho.net/aspartameandgulfwar.htm Dr. Russell Blaylock wrote much about the vaccines they were given like Anthrax which the FDA hadn't even approved. Dr. Michael Friedman just said it was okay anyway. It had Squalene in it which is an adjuvant. Adjuvants all cause the same thing as Dr. Blaylock explains in an interview with Dr. Mercola. They cause ALS, MS, lupus, autism, etc. He mentions most of these. Just google Dr. Blaylock's interviews on vaccines and adjuvants.

In the Persian Gulf Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi were sent to the troops. People in the US were told not to send anything with sugar. A soldier said they sat on pallets for as long as 9 weeks in the 120 degree Arabian sun and they drank them all day. You know from reading the protest of the National Soft Drink Assn (now American Beverage) that its breaks down at 86 degrees or moderate temperature, and of course, is adulterated, also against the law. While I was speaking at the World Environmental Conference I met a woman who made the caps for the troops, and said they were sent by the thousands with Diet Kool Aid with aspartame. You recall Dr. James Bowen has Lou Gehrigs from drinking diet KoolAid. He was practicing in desert country and drinking it by the gallons.

Let's use some good sense here. There was a 200% increase in ALS. Vaccines cause this with squalene as an adjuvant as Dr. Blaylock has discussed. Aspartame also causes ALS. It is an adjuvant. Friendly fire killed more than the enemy! I happened to meet Joyce Riley who has even made videos on Gulf War Illness one day on the way to a TV interview in Alabama. She gave me the information on Gulf War Syndrome and I gave her the information on aspartame including the FDA list of 92 symptoms. I was startled as I looked at the symptoms of Gulf War Illness. They were the same as aspartame. Today aspartame is in most gums and its one of the most serious products with aspartame because its buccal, goes through saliva straight to the brain. They are chewing gum in Iraq! Here is Dr. Roberts paper on it: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_absorption.htm Aspartame is even causing disease and death in war.

I simply defy any intelligent person to look at all these facts, read the medical texts and independent scientific peer reviewed research, and the cases of the sick and dying, and tell me aspartame is safe.You have an opportunity to do what's right. Your experts are influenced by industry and Dr. Koeter made this clear before he left. Nothing has changed.

I'm not a scientist who can write about aspartame as an adjuvant so I've asked Dr. Bill Deagle to write an article about aspartame as an adjuvant and when its done I'll send it to you. He's a whistleblower and has a lot of information about the vaccines.

We are talking about the health of the world. Think about babies with birth defects because there is no warning on aspartame. Think about them having vaccines that interact with aspartame. Even children's vitamins have aspartame in them. Think of the double whammy to them with MSG, another excitotoxin as Dr. John Olney told the Board of Inquiry of the FDA: http://www.wnho.net/dr_olney1.doc - 49 pages of damning information by one of the most renowned neuroscientists in the world today. Think about the cancer that the FDA toxicologist told Congress aspartame was found to cause. The Ramazzini Studies confirmed aspartame is a multipotential carcinogen. How can you look at all this information and say aspartame is safe?

It's time for the committee to consider what's good for the people of this world and not just good for industry. Your committee has within itself the power to show these facts to the world and say aspartame is not safe - give the world the truth. We have reached critical mass the reason Ajinomoto changed the name ot AminoSweet and I've told you about the chemical hypersensitization. I'm sure you've seen Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World, http://www.soundandfury.tv where Cheryl Kemptner was given a glass of Crystal-Lite with aspartame and became a code blue having to be resuscitated. She had even told the hospital she would react to aspartame because of the chemical hypersensitization. They even gave her a "no aspartame" bracelet. Some people can go into anaphylactic shock because aspartame causes polychemical sensitivity syndrome.

If we can't look to government authorities to put health and safety before industry's profit how many millions more will die. Mission Possible Intl warns the public but we can't stop the use of aspartame until it's banned.

Think of it this way: Excitotoxins are poisons. Aspartic acid, 40% of aspartame is an excitotoxin. Neurotoxins are poisons. Phenylalanine at 50% of aspartame is a neurotoxin. Methanol is a severe metabolic poison and neurotoxin. DKP is a brain tumor agent, a poison, breaks down from the molecule. How come these poisons can be in one molecule and now be called a safe additive?

I hope the European Food Safety Authority will reconsider on the basis of this information and everything that has been sent to you.


Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
Founder, Mission Possible World Health International
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
E-Mail: BettyM19@mindspring.com

Aspartame Toxicity Center: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame

From: Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum., Bettym19@mindspring.com
To: Jeffrey.MOON@efsa.europa.eu
Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2010 4:55 pm
Subject: EFSA's failure to answer the methanol issue: Aspartame is an adjuvant and G. D. Searle's intent was it to be used as a universal vaccine, see attachment!

Dear Jeffrey,

While I know government agencies the world over all are influenced by the aspartame manufacturers I was hoping there could be some sense of giving credit to the real picture of aspartame, and answering the questions honestly. You know full well that if something is on the market for over a quarter of a century we know what it causes. Furthermore, if something is controversial for this many years with continued congressional hearings because of the outrage of the public being poisoned, aspartame detoxification centers, continued articles about it being poisoned all over the world, continued efforts on getting it banned, movies, independent scientific peer reviewed studies showing the problems, TV programs, radio programs weekly - constantly (I just did a half a dozen myself), books all over the world, etc. you got a problem with this product. Your agency should be honest enough to admit it. To listen to EFSA aspartame is perfectly safe and people can go on using it. Aspartame cannot be proven safe, and EFSA has not done it. With damning evidence that aspartame is a multipotential carcinogen, causing everything from leukemia to brain tumors, and all types of neurodegenerative diseases, obesity, diabetes, and even psychiatric and behavioral problems EFSA has not been able to prove the safety of aspartame. What would you use as evidence, industry's studies to define it's poison? Inasmuch, as aspartame manufacturers have been caught in their studies showing manipulation and fraud, there is no way to use their studies. You are left with independent scientific peer review studies. Almost 100% show the problems. The front groups, fraud and propaganda have been exposed.

Day after day the victims' cases keep coming in, crying out for help. What a tragedy that those responsible to solve the problem ARE the problem. Here is another case that just came in:

t 05:58 PM 6/18/2010, Denna wrote:
I have been doing some research and came across your name for Aspartame Class Action information. I consume anywhere from 6 to 12 cans of Diet coke daily and have had tumors removed and found through out my body, I suffer from all kinds of health problems.

I am scheduled to have surgery for a brain tumor in the next couple of months and want to know if I have a case?

Thank you,


Secondly, my correspondence is not listed with the others on the discussion.

I did review the background on Catherine Geslain-Laneelle. I don't see anything that would show she has any knowledge of this sweetener. Maybe she has done research in agriculture but I don't see where she has done any research on the issue. I simply gave her a case that came in as they do constantly and asked her since she is in risk assessment to give me an answer on why this lady's reactions from the methanol in aspartame are considered acceptable. I didn't get an answer. Obviously she couldn't answer. There are only two reasons for not answering, one is they can't and two is they can answer and therefore, take the fifth!

Let's start over:

At 03:19 PM 6/2/2010, Naomi Sternheim wrote:
Hello my name is Naomi (I live in Israel), . Lately I have been having some very weird symptoms (leg and hand tingling, some hand shakiness), I am afraid that this is the beginning of something serious, it is causing me a great deal of anxiety. In the past couple of years I have been drinking lots of diet coke and nutrasweet gum. I would really appreciate it if you could send mesome info... and maybe a phone number of someone that I can call and talk to- in order to lessen my anxiety. Thank you, Naomi

Dear Naomi,
That tingling is from the methanol in the aspartame. But don't be anxious because when you stop it you usually go through withdrawal and usually suffer these problems for a couple of weeks. It's very addictive. The free methyl alcohol is classified as a narcotic and causes chronic methanol poisoning. This affects the dopamine system of the brain and causes the addiction. Withdrawal symptoms many times are the symptoms a little worse, and you're going to feel better in a couple of weeks. So you have to take it one day at a time. I know its rough as I've been helping victims now for almost two decades get through this.

Here's what I would suggest you do is to subscribe to the Aspartame Information List on http://www.mpwhi.com scroll down to banners. Then every time you have a question we'll answer you. You're not alone.We're here with you.

The gum is particularly bad because aspartame or NutraSweet is not an additive but an addictive excitoneurotoxic, carcinogenic, genetically engineered drug and adjuvant. Therefore, it works like nitroglycerin under the tongue, goes through saliva, straight to the brain. Here is Dr. Roberts report on gum and absorption: http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_absorption.htm etc etc etc - cllipped


Now what I was asking Catherine Geslain-Laneelle is to tell me why these obvious methanol reactions are fine and acceptable. It's okay for the public to have to go through this tingling and shakiness that methanol causes? What is her risk assessment? She is not going to answer it because she can't. She knows its a toxic reaction if she knows anything about methanol. She is one sick lady. She has been off aspartame 60 days and she still has this problem. Admittedly it's hidden in things and hard to avoid. What if she develops MS or Parkinson like symptoms? I'm trying to help her and she is frightened. But why should the public suffer these symptoms and develop the neurodegenerative diseases?

I have this morning about 10 more I haven't had time to answer. We could go through 10 more if you like. These type symptoms are common with people on aspartame and the complaints are daily and on the FDA list of 92 documented symptoms from aspartame.

Here lets take another one since I've already answered it:

Dear Betty,

Enlightening to hear you speak on Coast to Coast am.

I am inquiring on any known link and studies relating or causing Lupus. My sister is suffering and her condition is worsening. She has not been willing to give up her diet coke even though her kidneys are now failing.

I am hopeful if I can provide any specific studies that may have been done she may be willing to stop her habit.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

What does the methanol in aspartame have to do with lupus. Dr. James Bowen explains: "The ability of methyl alcohol/formaldehyde to create antigenicity, especially as combined in APM molecules is so great as to cause severe autoimmune reactions to the tissues deformed by formaldehyde polymerization, adduct formation. The immune system turns against the victim's tissues: Lupus".

Okay, Jeff, this is a common occurrence. I've gotten thousands of complaints over the years of aspartame victims with lupus. Why under EFSA's risk assessment is it acceptable for the methanol in aspartame to cause the public to suffer lupus. Some of these cases I get afterwards because no one knew to warn the victim and they died. Is human suffering and death acceptable risk assessment. Come on, give me an answer without beating around the bush. Many times when we get aspartame victims off and the lupus has just been mimicked, they are fine. If it has precipitated lupus and they are warned in time usually they become asymptomatic. If they are not warned and they keep taking aspartame which triggered the problem in the first place it usually becomes life threatening. Where does risk assessment come into this?

If you or she can't answer this because we all know it is not acceptable to give a severe metabolic poison to humans giving them disease and death, then methanol fails your risk assessment, and EFSA is skirting the issue and not answering these questions and you know it.

You also know that the aspartame industry has for years attempted to prevent any "independent" studies because they always show the problems.

The other problem I have with EFSA is that if scientific peer reviewed studies show and prove the problems then you do everything possible to rebut it, and when you're proven wrong you continue to use your wrong rebuttal. So how can we win.

Let's take some studies that show aspartame should not be on the market. The Delaney Amendment in the US forbids any product that causes cancer. You recall the FDA's own toxicologist, Dr. Adrian Gross, told Congress aspartame should not have been approved because of the Delaney Amendment, and that aspartame caused brain cancer. Right there, its over!!! Brain cancer was not the only cancer, in fact. Even adenocarcinoma was discussed on the Bressler Report. Dr. Gross mentioned you couldn't even set an ADI on aspartame for the reason of cancer. You have this in the congressional record, what kept you from using the record. Is cancer acceptable to EFSA?

So along comes Dr. Soffritti and does this extremely prestigious Ramazzini Study which proved once and for all aspartame is a multipotential carcinogen. Does EFSA say "Okay, its been scientifically peer reviewed by 7 world experts, it was admitted by the FDA in Congress, it was admitted in the FDA audit, the Bressler Report, and as an agency interested in food safety and concerned with the health of Europeans, and proved many times without a shadow of a doubt we have to say aspartame is unsafe."

No, instead EFSA rushed to be influenced by the aspartame industry as admitted by your Dr. Koeter, and gave a foolish rebuttal calling attention to the respiratory disease when they were dying. Dr. Soffritti said:

"As reported in a previous paper (Soffritti et al. 1999), one of the most important issues in environmental and industrial carcinogenesis is how to deal with diffused carcinogenic risks, to which most of the planet's population may be exposed. These carcinogenic risks are represented by a) agents that are slightly carcinogenic at any dose; b) low or extremely low doses of a carcinogenic agent of any kind; or c) mixtures of small doses of carcinogenic agents.

"Epidemiologic and experimental studies are fundamental in the identification and quantification of diffused carcinogenic risks, but they must be designed and conducted to be as powerful as possible with adequate methodology. In the case of experimental studies, it is not sufficient to follow the standard protocol used in ordinary experiments. Instead, it is necessary to conduct studies that may be defined as "mega-experiments," using a vast number of animals (at least 2001,000 per experimental group) in order to express a marked difference in the variation of effects, and exposing the animals in all phases of development to allow the agent to express its full carcinogenic potential.

"It is based on this rationale that the European Ramazzini Foundation performed a mega-experiment on 1,800 rats and demonstrated that, in our experimental conditions, aspartame is a multipotential carcinogenic agent (Soffritti et al. 2005; Soffritti et al. 2006).

"The results of our study (Soffritti et al. 2005; Soffritti et al. 2006) attracted the attention of the scientific community, consumer and industry associations, and the national and international agencies responsible for food safety. Among various comments, the opinion expressed on 5 May 2006 by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA 2006) and the general interpretation of an epidemiologic study conducted by the National Cancer Institute (NCI 2006) necessitate comment on our part.

"In examining the raw data of our study, the EFSA (2006) observed a high incidence of chronic pulmonary inflammation in males and females in both treated groups and in the control group. Based on this observation, it was concluded that "the increased incidence of lymphomas/leukemias reported in treated rats was unrelated to aspartame, given the high background incidence of chronic inflammatory changes in the lungs . . . ." In my opinion, this conclusion is bizarre for the following reasons:

"First, the EFSA (2006) overlooked the fact that the study was conducted until the natural death of the rodents. IT IS WELL KNOWN THAT INFECTIOUS PATHOLOGIES ARE PART OF THE NATURAL DYING PROCESS IN BOTH RODENTS AND HUMANS.

"Second, if the statistically significant increased incidence of lymphomas/leukemias observed were indeed caused by an infected colony, one would expect to observe an increased incidence of lymphomas/leukemias not only in females but also in males. The EFSA (2006) did not comment on this discrepancy in their logic.

"Finally, in support of the hypothesis regarding the safety of aspartame, the EFSA (2006) cited the negative results of recent carcinogenicity studies carried out in transgenic mice by the NTP; the ESFA did not mention that, because the NTP studies on genetically altered mice were performed using a new experimental model, the NTP subcommittee unanimously agreed "there is uncertainty whether the study possessed sufficient sensitivity to detect a carcinogenic effect" (NTP 2005).

"Interestingly, the same scrutiny applied to our study has not been applied to a recent abstract published by Lim et al. (2006) from the NCI diet questionnaire survey (NCI 2006) in which self-reported aspartame consumption showed no increases in either leukemia/lymphomas or in brain cancer. These results have been used by industry, the EFSA, and others to argue that aspartame is not a risk for humans, in spite of our animal study results. Without specific information on each individual's consumption rate and duration it is difficult to assess the power of the survey, in spite of the large number of participants. The second related issue is whether aspartame is an early- or late-stage carcinogen. If it is an early-stage initiator of cancer, then reporting the lack of effects in older individuals who have not consumed aspartame since early childhood would be expected to show little or no increased cancer (Hoel 1985). Clip

"The author declares he has no competing financial interests."

Dr. Morando Soffritti
Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center
European Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences
"B. Ramazzini"
Bologna, Italy
E-mail: crcfr@ramazzini.it


So you complain about some of Dr. Monte's information is in journals non-peer reviewed so you have an excuse, but when a study like Dr. Soffritti's is peer reviewed by 7 world experts you immediately try to find something wrong with it.

Take the case of the Trocho Study, one of the most damning ever done. The NutraSweet people didn't know it was going on and when they found out their poison had been exposed for embalming living tissue and damaging DNA (which can destroy humanity) they immediately told Dr. Maria Alemany - "its not acceptable, its not published in a peer reviewed journal". So Dr. Alemany had it peer reviewed. Did the fact that it's an impeccable study and can be done over and over again to show the same thing matter? No! The next thing they did was try to assassinate Dr. Alemany's character.

So, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. What does it take to accept a scientific peer reviewed study when it's done by the manufacturers who have been proven to cover up the issue, and originally the FDA wanted them indicted for fraud.

Immediately one of industry's flacks, Tephly, rebuts the Trocho Study. Finally even Tephly confessed, "okay I used the wrong test." Bingo! Yet it remains on the Food Standards web site with Tephly's false rebuttal. I don't remember any apology to either Dr. Soffritti or Dr. Alemany. Yet, I do see that you keep the rebuttals even though proven wrong. Why are the rebuttals not removed?

So nothing EFSA is saying has any meaning. You don't accept scientific peer reviewed studies that show aspartame to be the poison it is, you rebut them. You say you received one scientific paper published in 1984 by Dr. Monte. Fine, it was peer reviewed and that's mentioned on page 22 I think. So, just how damning can you be on methanol. Are you going to complain it was in l984. It was purposely omitted from the first review on aspartame, and then it was omitted on the second. I know I brought it to Brussels. So it may not be new but its never been considered and its damning. I don't hear any comment. You say the scientific references had been previously considered. All those references are damning so lets hear the consideration.

Now you say, "While Dr. Monte made a number of hypothesis in the recent non-peer reviewed papers, these were not supported by additional scientific information. For example, the national experts noted that the author presented US data on aspartame consumption and a data on a range of health conditions and suggests a potential causal link between aspartame and childhood depression and a correlation between aspartame consumption and the number of diagnosed cases of Multiple Sclerosis. However, these assertions are not supported by statistical analysis of the data or consideration of confounders and the experts concluded that Dr. Monte's opinions were unsubstantiated." What a mouthful.

I can't even believe you would question aspartame MS. You have Dr. Roberts medical text, its on the front of the book, and there is an entire chapter and Dr. Roberts even gives you the mechanism by which aspartame causes it. Remember, aspartame has been on the market 3 decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. Russell Blaylock, neurosurgeon, has also written about it in medical texts and explained the connection in this report. http://bolenreport.com/feature_articles/feature_article062.htm Now the interesting thing here is there is the case of the lady in Pennsylvania who wanted to prove it to her neurologist and did. She went back on aspartame and all the symptoms came back. This is the reason you know we are not in favor of the type of study Food Standards wants done because some of these people who accidentally get back on aspartame have gone into anaphylactic shock. Even in the case in this report the woman could only stay on aspartame four days. The neurologist became a believer, it became part of her medical record and he started getting all MS victims off aspartame. Dr. Woodrow Monte has just completed a two hour video called MS you will find on http://Amazon.com Step by step he tells you how aspartame precipitates MS. I would suggest EFSA get a copy.

Aspartame, of course, is an adjuvant and Dr. Russell Blaylock made the comment a few months ago in an interview that all adjuvants cause the same thing, ALS, MS, lupus, autism, etc. So the MS from aspartame is expected from several different points of view.

I was just speaking with an informant who was at Searle in the beginning and told me the first thing they found was the problem of aspartame effecting the central nervous system. First cover-up! In l984 Searle decided to find out just how deadly aspartame is in humans and they did studies in 6 countries. They used people from poor villages that wouldn't be missed and while they did give them a lot of aspartame, they proved aspartame destroyed the central nervous system. They also proved aspartame destroys the brain, triggered seizures, hardened the synovial fluids (accounting for the severe joint pain in aspartame victims) and gave many of them brain tumors. Of course, they didn't have the studies peer reviewed nor did they publish them. They closed their Florida office, went back to Illinois and hoped no one would find out about them. I can just see them doing studies on aspartame and MS. However, I would be happy to give you Norma Vera's phone number and email and you can find out even more, she translated them. You can ask her about the woman who lost her baby, hemorrhaged and disappeared. You can find out how many lost their life for an aspartame manufacturer to find out for sure how many people would die from their product.

You should know that while there may be remissions in MS, patients don't have their lesions disappear as they walk out of wheelchairs and have no further problems for no reason. But that happens constantly when we get them off aspartame. You probably know some of them like Cori Brackett who made Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World. She gained a lot of weight, was in a wheelchair, could barely talk or walk. She was diagnosed with one of the largest lesion in a MS victim. Off aspartame she walked out of her wheelchair, lost the weight, could talk again, and 8 months later the lesion all but disappeared.

Food Standards wants a study. Here's a challenge? Use ten or twenty MS victims on aspartame who do not know that is the cause of their disease and in wheelchairs. Their physician must be willing to take them off of any medication because Dr. Roberts says it shouldn't be prescribed because aspartame itself makes them toxic and this is only adding to the problem, and that a diagnosis of MS shouldn't even be made until the patient is off aspartame several months. They can have lesions. When the study is over they may no longer have lesions. They will no longer be in wheelchairs. They will be people who didn't have MS before they started aspartame. Most will probably be out of wheelchairs. You have to consider that some may have been damaged more than others, but some will be free of MS and some may only be 75% improved. Now this would be a study the public would appreciate.

So you have a choice. If you want to find out about MS, get them off aspartame and see for yourself how many walk out of wheelchairs, and at the least the amazing improvement in all symptomatology. Or you can have the aspartame manufacturers do studies like they did in 6 countries and kill the victims. I doubt there are any survivors.

I remember when Ermelle Martinez was sent to us with a diagnosis of MS. She was about to be put in a wheelchair as she could barely walk and kept falling. She had to drop out of medical school. She, too, like Cori had a large lesion. She could barely walk and was in very bad shape. She was seen by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, M.D. and he diagnosed the large lesion in her brain. Today her lesion is gone. She went on to become Mission Possible LA and taught Science. She is today completely free of MS.

The first one before my time was Joyce Wilson. I inherited her records. She was diagnosed as having MS and was on all sorts of aspartame products. She was diagnosed by Dr. Morgan Raiford as this being from aspartame. Dr. Raiford was considered "the specialist in methanol toxicity" in the US. It was too late for Joyce. She went blind from the methanol, died like an Alzheimer victim, which aspartame also causes, and was in diapers. She started Aspartame Victims and Their Friends and I inherited her records. In the first year she had a hotline of 10,000 victims, many of them like her diagnosed with MS. I also inherited Dr. Raiford's papers.

The cases of MS from aspartame when I got started came in constantly. The first was Alicia Morris, diagnosed by two physicians as having MS. In weeks off aspartame all symptoms disappeared. She appeared in First for Women completely well and with her new baby boy. You see Alicia had been told she couldn't have children. But aspartame is an endocrine disrupting agent, stimulates prolactin and changes the menses, triggering infertility. So for the three years she was on aspartame using 3 Diet Cokes a day, she couldn't have children. Immediately off the poison she got pregnant.

Likewise with Ermelle, two husbands left her because she couldn't have children. Off aspartame she started ovulating but it was too late for children and too late to become a physician. Her life shattered due to this poison whose risk assessment you think is just fine.

How many would you like to see. I can go back to any email box, even years ago and constantly, constantly, aspartame users were getting MS. Here I will pick on at random:

Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 11:50:13 EST
Subject: Aspartame question
To: bettym19@mindspring.com

I am trying to find out more information about aspartame. A friend of mine has been drinking diet pops for years. He and I just had to cut a vacation short because of a serious problem. He thought that a bad pain in his back was due to lifting and shoveling snow. He went to his doctor and was advised to rest and not lift heavy things until the problem went away.

He was complaining that his right leg was rapidly becoming weaker, he has had problems with blurred vision(blamed that on his eye glasses) and sometimes has depressed feelings for no reason. We returned home and he has seen his doctor and is scheduled for an MRI. His doctor has told him that there was three possibilities.
I told him that I believe that it could be possible that he has been poisoned from the aspartame in the sweeteners and diet pop he uses. If this loss of muscle control in his right leg is caused by aspartame, will the leg return to normal after quitting the use of these products? Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you soon.


They never stop Jeff:

Want to see the tingling and numbness from the methanol EFSA thinks is just fine. This man was probably on his way to MS but we got him off in time:

On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Robert Bucholz wrote:


Some friends at work who knew that I consumed massive quantities of Diet Coke on a daily (hourly) basis told me about a TV news story they saw re: the dangers of aspartame. It got me thinking "maybe I ought to check this out." I found your web site and was alarmed to read about many symptoms I'd been experiencing, including (from your list): headaches, change in mood quality or level, diarrhea, memory loss, fatigue, sleep problems, change in sensation (numbness, tingling), change in activity level, joint and bone pain, eye irritation, change in body weight, nocturnal, change in thirst or water intake, and sinus problems.

Three weeks ago I quit DC cold turkey, and lo and behold, many of the above symptoms are clearing up, especially the numbness and tingling that was concerning me the most. For several months, my left hand tingled, especially in the morning, often lasting all day. I was also experiencing numbness in my legs when sitting for any length of time. These symptoms so concerned me that I visited my physician to obtain his opinion. He told me to get used to it, that I'm just getting older (I'm 39). I'm relieved to tell you that after quitting the use of aspartame, I'm feeling younger! The tingling and numbness are gone. Other symptoms seem to be clearing up as well! Bob
please contact


Are you aware how many die because aspartame causes so many brain tumors and such or we don't get to them in time? Try this one on for size:

From: Motluckmar
To: mfriedman@oc.fda.gov
Cc: firstlady@whitehouse.gov, bettym19@mind.spr, bmetzler@eclipse.net
Subject: Aspartame
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:05:22 EDT

Dear Dr. Friedman:

My beloved wife Kelli died last month. She was 37 years old. She left behind an 8 year old daughter.

Kelli died of a brain tumor. She was a heavy user of Aspartame. On a typical day, she would consume between 6 - 12 cans of diet cola. I used to joke to her that she drank so much diet Pepsi, that she should cut out the middleman and have them deliver the stuff right to our house. Her use of Aspartame did not end with diet cola. She consumed it in many products every day. Like most women, she was obsessed with watching her weight.

I have heard representatives from Monsanto claim that the product is the most widely tested and safest product on the market. It's not a coincidence that the studies they quote to support their claim were funded by Monsanto.

There are so many doctors and scientists who are questioning the safety of Aspartame, that it is time the FDA took action. I'm not a scientist, and don't claim to understand all of the studies. However, it seems to me that when you can find a direct correlation between the introduction of Aspartame into the market and a sharp rise in the number of brain tumors, it's more than a coincidence. It needs to be investigated. Lives are at stake here! I do realize that it's too late to bring Kelli back. I can't tell you the hell we went through for the past three and a half years. Her illness took a toll on our entire family. We will suffer from her loss for the rest of our lives. Dr. Friedman, please have the courage to stand up against Monsanto and the other big business interests trying to hide the facts. Get Aspartame off the market!

Mark Motluck


If you had to write the obituaries and weep for these victims maybe you would care more for the people of Europe than for Ajinomoto. Kelli cried to me before she died, "I want to live, I want to live, I want to live, but if I die please tell the world Monsanto murdered me." I did that at my first lecture in the UK after her death.

What does it take, Jeff? EFSA puts down the independent, scientific peer reviewed research, you use industry studies that are of no validity, you disregard absolute poisons, and 30 years of controversy and all the proof anyone with a sound mind and concern for the public would need to make a rational decision.

Here's another case that came in:

t 05:58 PM 6/18/2010, Denna wrote:
I have been doing some research and came across your name for Aspartame Class Action information. I consume anywhere from 6 to 12 cans of Diet coke daily and have had tumors removed and found through out my body, I suffer from all kinds of health problems.

I am scheduled to have surgery for a brain tumor in the next couple of months and want to know if I have a case?

Thank you,

Do you wonder all the reasons why aspartame is so deadly? Think about it. You are told there is a product approved but it has some problems. It's an adjuvant like squalene and mercury, an immune stimulator, that can precipitate MS, lupus, autism, ALS, etc., also an excitation that stimulates the neurons of the brain to death, and neurotoxin, is a multipotential carcinogen and breaks down to a brain tumor agent. What would you say? Any intelligent individual would say "we don't want it"!

Read the attachment. Then you come to find out that this deadly drug and adjuvant damages the mitochondria so it will interact with drugs and vaccine. While you're worrying why a product would be approved like this, consider the fact it triggers birth defects without a warning (studies at Emory) and admitted in congressional hearings by Dr. Louis Elsas who at that time was professor of pediatrics, genetics. Does it sound bad enough. Let's go on - its noted to damage the cardiac conduction system and cause sudden death, and this is even discussed in experts' reports and books. It is so well known that members of Parliament asked WHO to call it sudden death syndrome so it could be tracked. They asked why are people dropping dead for no reason! Now you find out there is so much free methyl alcohol that people are going blind, becoming addicted, causing loss of limbs in diabetics and being embalmed as the methanol is converted to formaldehyde and embalming living tissue.

Now let's discuss risk assessment. Rather than use phrases like unsubstantiated, discuss what has been established by real experts that have created a body of evidence showing a deadly addictive, excitoneurotoxic, genetically engineered, carcinogenic drug is masquerading as an additive. As to your expert, Catherine Geslain-Lanle who is responsible for risk assessment, I would like to see a debate between her and Dr. Woodrow Monte who has been doing research on this toxin for over thirty years, and is an expert about the deadliness of methanol. In this case she can't use cop-out terms like unsubstantiated, you have to deal with the evidence, like the Trocho Study.

Consider if aspartame manufacturers could not use studies they did to show safety and defend their poison, and you could only rely on scientific peer reviewed studies by independent researchers wanting to get the truth. What you have is emphatic documentation that aspartame is poison. Eliminate the ladies of the evening who are funded by the aspartame manufacturers and close down the front groups. The picture then is very clear. We're dealing with Aspartame Disease: An Ignored Epidemic of global proportions, and the very title of Dr. H. J. Roberts medical text on the subject, http://www.sunsentpress.com

I want you to think of something else as well. We know why Ajinomoto changed the name of aspartame to AminoSweet. First it eliminates the history of fraud and deception. Right now anyone can research aspartame and get all the facts. They just have to avoid the propaganda. Any intelligent person will come back with "it's a poison". Secondly, AminoSweet is very deceiving. It's the free methyl alcohol that sweetens, not the excitotoxic and neurotoxic amino acids. Thirdly, its possible that many people could die. You know the conversations we've had with Food Standards based on the fact that if you use aspartame victims in a study they can react because of the chemical hypersensitization. If you saw Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World, you remember the testimony of Cheryl Kemptner. When she entered the hospital she told the administration that she could not be given anything with aspartame because she would react. She was given a "no-aspartame" bracelet. Yet someone gave her some Crystal-Lite, and she immediately became a code blue. She was resuscitated. There have been several who have gone into anaphylactic shock. Multiply this around the world with former aspartame victims using what they think is a different product. Do you really understand the seriousness of this? You just don't put excitoneurtoxic and carcinogenic drugs and adjuvants in people's food. It's genocide!

I want this and my other posts added to the discussion. Mine have been left out.

Our researcher, Lane Shore, Mission Possible Chicago, has lost a half a dozen people in his family to aspartame and he keeps researching. He found the article about the universal vaccine. So EFSA and Food Standards are privileged to a lot of background, which is exactly what Ajinomoto is trying to destroy with its new name. We are also privileged to have Dr. H. J. Roberts 30 years of research on aspartame, the H. J. Roberts, M.D. Aspartame Library which are still going through. Expect more to come.

I shouldn't have to keep going over the facts. All this should be addressed.

Searle Opens Plant For DNA Technology [PDF format] (It will open in a new window)


Dr. Betty Martini, D.Hum.
Founder, Mission Possible World Health International
9270 River Club Parkway
Duluth, Georgia 30097
E-Mail: BettyM19@mindspring.com

Aspartame Toxicity Center: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame

At 08:43 AM 6/8/2010, MOON Jeffrey wrote:

Dear Dr Martini,

Thank you for your emails, which I can confirm have been received by our Executive Director and I have been asked to reply on her behalf.

Regarding your question on the background of Catherine Geslain-Lanle, please note that this information can be found on the EFSA web site at the following link: http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsawho/ed.htm

I can provide some additional information in order to assist you in understanding the position taken by the national experts regarding the submitted material from Dr Woodrow Monte. The information available to the national experts from Dr Monte consisted of one scientific paper published in 1984 and a number of articles from non-peer reviewed publications. The scientific references had previously been considered by the Scientific Committee for Food (SCF) or by EFSA (in the case of the Soffritti studies) and no new scientific information was presented. While Dr Monte made a number of hypothesis in the recent non-peer reviewed papers, these were not supported by additional scientific information. For example, the national experts noted that the author presented US data on aspartame consumption and data on a range of health conditions and suggests a potential causal link between aspartame and childhood depression and a correlation between aspartame consumption and the number of diagnosed cases of Multiple Sclerosis. However, these assertions are not supported by statistical analysis of the data or consideration of confounders and the experts concluded that Dr Monte's opinions were unsubstantiated.

Regarding your comments on the experts involved in the meetings on aspartame, these details have been previously supplied to you.

Kind regards,

Jeff Moon

Jeffrey Moon
Scientific Committee and Advisory Forum Unit
European Food Safety Authority
Largo N. Palli 5/A, I-43100 Parma, Italy
tel: + 39 0521 036541
fax: +39 0521 0360541
e-mail: Jeffrey.Moon@efsa.europa.eu